Attorney Profile

Law Office of Jay R. Saltsman

LOCATION
8055 West Manchester Avenue
Suite 305
Playa Del Rey, California 90293-7963
Phone: (310) 578-7025
Fax: (443) 593-2376
jrs@saltsmanlaw.com

EDUCATION
A.B., M.S., University of Southern California
J.D., 1974, Whittier College School of Law, Los Angeles, CA

ADMITTED
California, 1974
U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1974
U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1978
U.S. Supreme Court, 1980

AREAS OF PRACTICE
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Business, & Commercial Law and Contracts
Construction Law
Litigation
Real Estate Law

PERSONAL
I have been practicing law in the Los Angeles area since being admitted to the bar in 1974. Approximately 70% of my practice is devoted to litigation. The remaining 30% to consultation and transactional matters.

From 1975 to 1979, I was associated with a Century City law firm, and became immediately involved all aspects of a general law practice, with an emphasis on real estate and general business law and litigation, including Federal Anti-trust and State Fair Trade Matters. I gained extensive experience in handling cases from initial client contact to conclusion, including pleadings, motions, discovery and appeal.

From 1979 to 1985, I was the litigation attorney for an AV rated Beverly Hills law firm, specializing in general business, real estate and probate law. My responsibilities included evaluation of cases, preparation of plaintiff and defendant pleadings, federal and state law and motion practice, with an emphasis on actions involving injunctive relief, all phases of discovery proceedings, arbitration, municipal, superior, bankruptcy (non-dischargeability trials) and federal court proceedings and trials. My probate experience focused on trying will contests.

During this period, I began volunteering my time as a judge pro tem and settlement officer for the municipal court.

In 1985, I decided to become a sole practitioner. My law and motion and trial experience in both state and federal courts continued to grow, along with increasingly successful settlement negotiations. I expanded previous experience to include contract and lease negotiations, both generally and with specific regard to construction projects, construction and mechanic's lien litigation, and representation of a number of skilled nursing facilities, generally, and specifically regarding the State Health Department in both administrative and court proceedings.

My wife and I live in Playa Del Rey. We have two grown sons and three grandchildren.